“Special Needs Planning”
Our last meeting of the school year! Don’t forget the Teacher Tea!
Date: Monday May 14, 2012
Time: 6:30 PM
Where: Boyd Community Center
1220 Powers Run Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15238
Helen Sims, financial advisor, and Jillian Zacks, an attorney, will be sharing their knowledge with us tonight. They are committed to helping families and individuals with special needs and disabilities to plan for current as well as future care.
Topics to be addressed include:
- Understanding the interplay between government benefits and age of majority
- Powers of Attorney and Guardianship
- Financial considerations and planning
- Wills, Trusts and Estate planning
- Role of Trustee in Special and Supplemental Needs Trusts
- Care coordination
This program was designed to aid in understanding strategies that can be used to plan a secure future for an individual with special needs.